Welcome to psiTurk’s documentation. To learn more about the project please visit https://psiturk.org.
To actually use psiTurk you’ll first need to install it on your local computer or server. Instructions can be found on the Getting psiTurk installed on your computer page. Afterwards, head over to our quickstart guide , or for a more detailed tutorial demonstrating how to setup a simple experiment with psiTurk, visit Getting up and running with the basic Stroop task.
- Getting psiTurk Installed on Your Computer
- Getting setup with Amazon Mechanical Turk
- Getting setup with psiturk.org
- psiturk.org Secure Ad Server
- Sharing and replicating with the psiTurk.org Experiment Exchange
- Configuration Files
- Command-line Interface
- Starting the psiTurk shell
- The psiTurk shell prompt
configcommand + subcommands
dbcommand + subcommands
hitcommand + subcommands
servercommand + subcommands
workercommand + subcommands
- Configuring Databases
- Step-by-step Tutorials
- Anatomy of a basic psiTurk project
- Recording data
- Retrieving Datasets
- Customizing psiTurk
- Using external survey tools with psiTurk
- Running psiTurk on Heroku
- Running psiTurk on Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Understanding Error Messages
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Why doesn’t psiTurk work on Windows?
- I need an experiment to do X, will psiTurk be able to do this?
- My university will not give me a static IP address. Can I still use psiTurk?
- I’m trying to run psiTurk at home using a cable modem or other connection. Will it work?
- I’m having trouble with my AWS/AMT credentials
- What do I need to know about running psiTurk on a remote server?
- Can you program my experiment for me?
- Where is the /static/js/psiturk.js file? It doesn’t appear in any of the experiments I have downloaded!
- Getting help
Contributing to psiTurk¶
- psiturk.js API
- Creating the psiTurk object
- psiturk.org RESTful API