This is documentation for psiturk v3. Documentation for psiturk v2 can be found here.
Welcome to psiTurk’s documentation. To learn more about the project, please visit https://psiturk.org.
To actually use psiTurk, you’ll first need to install it on your local computer or server. Instructions can be found on the Installation page. Afterwards, head over to our Quickstart.
For a more detailed tutorial demonstrating how to setup a simple experiment with psiTurk, visit Example project walkthrough. Also, check out the Experiment Exchange for examples to learn from, including demonstrations of integration with jspsych.
Migrating from psiturk 2 to psiturk 3? See the Migrating from psiTurk 2 to 3 guide.
- Step 1: Install psiTurk
- Step 2: Create a default project structure
- Step 3: Enter credentials
- Step 4: Launch psiTurk in the new project directory
- Step 5: Start the server
- Step 6: Debug/view your experiment
- Step 7: Create a sandboxed HIT/Ad
- Step 8: Check your data
- Step 9: Monitor progress
- Step 10: Approve workers
- Step 11: Switch to “live” mode
- Migrating from psiTurk 2 to 3
- Setting Up an Amazon Mechanical Turk Account
- Configuration Overview
- Command-line Interface Overview
- psiTurk commands
- Databases Overview
- Anatomy of a basic psiTurk project
- Recording Data
- Retrieving Data
- Customizing psiTurk
- Dashboard Overview
- Experiment Exchange
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I host a psiTurk experiment for MTurkers?
- I’m trying to run psiTurk at home using a cable modem or other connection. Will it work?
- My university will not give me a static IP address. Can I still use psiTurk?
- I insist on running my experiment from my home, despite the insanity of doing the same.
- Can I use psiTurk for non-MTurk studies?
- There was an error in my experiment and I need to pay participants, but I can’t because they weren’t able to complete my HIT. How can I pay them?
- Why doesn’t psiTurk work on Windows?
- I need an experiment to do X, will psiTurk be able to do this?
- I’m having trouble with my AWS/AMT credentials
- Can you program my experiment for me?
- Where is the /static/js/psiturk.js file? It doesn’t appear in any of the experiments I have downloaded!
- How do I interpret the
hit listcounts of “Pending,” “Complete,” and “Remain”?
- Immediately after I post my HIT on the “live” mode of AMT, I cannot find it via an mturk dashboard search?
- Why does my server keep crashing when I try to start it via psiturk server on?
- Getting help
Contributing to psiTurk¶
- psiturk.js API
- Creating the psiTurk object
See the github repo README for how to cite usage of psiTurk.